Face Shaving - Yay or Nay?

Hello Friends how are you all? Hope you are well. I have been suffering from ill health lately. My elbows are stiff and sore from about a month now. I am struggling to do simple everyday tasks and went to the doctor's to get some advice after seeing my condition worsen over time ☹
Well anyway begone with my health woes, and back to blogging!
Today's post is about Facial Shaving. This is much becoming a hot trend nowadays πŸ”₯and everyone is giving it a go! Well you may be thinking whether i've done it or not? And my answer is Yes! I have tried it and twice too, but I have some advice to give first!




Facial Shaving is not the kind that Men do, for the females, it's a different kind of method. Men shaving is a grooming method, whilst women treat it kind of like a beauty routine.
You may see all these ladies shaving away so freely on youtube, Instagram etc etc, it isn't really all that easy like the way they make it out to be 😞
Let me tell you about my experience! I was also checking out the videos of face shaving. It looked so easy, all the girls just pulling out their razors and shaving away their faces as if it was easy as pie! But it's because they have experience and know what they are doing, or they must totally be doing it for fun, I don't know! πŸ˜„


 


So as you can guess I was tempted to shave my face after watching all these tutorials and honestly speaking, I have only ever shaved my face twice in the span of 6 months. Why?? Let me explain further. I have polycystic ovary syndrome (pcos) simply meaning my body does not produce enough oestrogen making my body go through some hormonal changes, e.g absent periods, facial hair, acne/skin problems etc. That is why hormonal balance is very important for women πŸ–’




For women with pcos i advise that facial shaving must be kept at a minimum, because I have tried it myself and have noticed that facial hair when is does grow back, some may find that hair does grow slightly thicker in different areas of your face for example, sideburns and chin. Living with pcos is a tough job having to manage my facial hair, as to save myself from embarassment, aswell as being made fun of. It makes me have low self esteem, and taking care of myself is becoming a chore. Managing my weight is like a yo-yo and I have no confidence in dressing up nicely, looking for ways to cover and conceal my flaws and imperfections πŸ˜”
Having shaved my face twice now, I feel reluctant to shave again, fearing that it will become a regular thing and my hair will grow back thicker and thicker resembling to that of a man's beard! My skin feels prickly and itchy when the hair is growing back. Whilst there are good and bad points to facial shaving, in my case I feel it's a bad experience. Here are some pro's and cons of facial shaving:

Pro's 

• Get's rid of Peach Fuzz
• Removes Dead skin and gives skin a polished look and feel.
• Helps in Applying Make up better and gives a flawless finish.


Cons 

• Need to shave regularly when hair grows back.
•Not suitable for everyone
•Some women may experience thicker hair grow back





If your Peach fuzz is not a problem, I would recommend you don't touch it unless there is a real need to do so. Nowadays there are many hair lightening kits/remedies available in the market, which I would strongly suggest to give a try before reaching out for that razor. If you notice that your facial hair is getting noticeably thicker or darker, get some advice or see your doctor who can determine the cause of your facial hair problem. Sometimes it can be a medical thing such as hormones going all over the place, or minor things like diet, health, lifestyle or even enviromental factors etc. I do not find it absolutely necessary to try out every new trend/fad without researching it first, as it may not be suitable for everyone. I have sensitive skin, so I have to be very careful what I use or else I will end up with a rash, allergic reaction, blisters whatever, making me like a animal testing dummy! πŸ˜–
Whilst all the other perfectly healthy happy women out there that have no issues, facial shaving for them will be a pleasure, whilst sensitive people like me will have torture! πŸ˜„

I don't want to hinder anyone with my reviews, by all means you are very welcome to heed my advice or have a try at face shaving, but i'm just letting you know my views and experiences in general. Whoever is comfortable they will agree that face shaving is right for them. Whoever is not, will express their woes and misery just like I did! πŸ˜„


                         - @ - @ - @ - @ - @ -


So friends this is the end of my post. I hope you have gained some insight into this wonderful new trend and learnt a few things into facial shaving. Have you tried it or thinking of trying it? Whats are your views? Leave your comments below 😊

I'll be back again soon with another interesting post for you all. Until then take care and stay Beautiful! πŸ˜˜πŸ’– xXxxXx

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mental Health Awareness 🀯

Corona Virus 🦠🧫

Primark New Finds 😍